What is PROFHILO?
Prices of PROFHILO and how often should I have it done?
This treatment requires a course of 2 sessions - 4 weeks apart.
Each session is £200 - Total price for whole course = £400
Results can continue to show for up to 2 months after your 2nd session and can be seen to last up to 6-9 months.
This course can then be repeated every 6-9 month, only requiring 1 session.
What is PROFHILO and how does it work?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance produced in our body, found in skin, joints and other connective tissue. Its role is to retain moisture in the body and aid collagen production. It can hold 1000 times its weight in water which makes it ideal for binding moisture in the skin. With age, however, hyaluronic acid production slows and the skin looks duller and dehydrated, with fine lines and wrinkles forming.
PROFHILO® is used to regenerate Collagen and Elastin in the skin and give you:
Soft tissues treatment
Profhilo contains one of the highest concentrations of stabilised hyaluronic acid on the market. Because it is thermally bonded and not chemically bonded it acts as a hydrator not a filler. It is injected just underneath the surface of the skin where it disperses quickly and reacts with your own tissue to instantly boost hydration. Over the next four weeks, phase two kick in as it goes to work boosting elastin and collagen production. This effectively remodels the skin and giving it a plumper, smoother and firmer appearance.
Due to its gel like consistency Profhilo distributes smoothly and evenly without the formation of any lumps – a potential risk with traditional fillers.
This treatment is suitable for people over the age of 30 who are uncomfortable with skin laxity, crepe-like skin or other visible signs of aging such as fine lines or wrinkles.
Reasons why you cannot have treatment :
You cannot get this treatment if :
- There has been a skin disease, inflammation or skin related problems on the face. Cold sores etc
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have medical conditions that lower the body’s immune response
- You are undergoing immunosuppressive therapy
- You have had fillers or Botox/any aesthetic treatment on face within 2 weeks prior.
- Allergies to product ingredients - hyaluronic acid sodium salt
- Undertaking laser resurfacing and medium deep skin peels.
- If you take Anticoagulants please be warned there is increased chance of bruising.
Please note that this treatment has minimal downtime and you can resume to your daily actives after treatment.
- you must protect the area from UV exposure for 3-5 days and wear factor 50 sunblock
- You can develop redness and visible swelling/lumps in the injection points immediately after treatment. This can take as long as 16/24 hours to subside. (You can use a cold pack to reduce the swelling/redness)
- Do not apply makeup or creams on day of treatment and after please avoid for 24 hours.
- Eating fresh pineapple or arnica tablets/spray/gel can be consumed to help reduce the risk of bruising especially if you are prone to this.
- This treatment is an injectable, I do have numbing cream here for you as an option to use. This does take 30 mins to kick in, if you wish to have numbing cream please text me and you can have the option of collecting before your appointment to apply and set before you attend, or you can arrive 30 mins before appointment and I can pass the numbing cream to you to apply and wait in car until your appointment. You can also purchase a small tube of Emla cream from a pharmacy and apply before you attend and use for all appointments if easier.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT :
- Please avoid make up/creams for 24 hours after treatment
- Avoid physical strain and sports on the first day.
- Avoid further cosmetic treatments for the first 2 days after treatment
- Avoid sauna, Steam rooms and if radiations by the sun or a solarium for two weeks after the treatment. Use 50 SPF on face for first 3-5 days.
- Stay hydrated, drink at least 1.5/2 litres per day to help with results.